Friday, November 11, 2011

Social and School Pressures

The social and school pressures for adolescents now-a-days are pretty harsh. They come from friends, teachers, even family.
School pressures, especially as a teenager, are absolutely horrible. The pressures from parents and teachers to do well in school and succeed are as high as the sky itself. On top of that, the social pressures to fit in! Ugh! It’s all too much! The pressures to wear the latest trends and have the cool hairstyles pushes us teens very hard; especially the teenagers whose families don’t have the means to support all that spending. But that’s not all; now, female teens have, on top of wearing the right shirt and shoes, the worry of having the right weight. I know from personal experience that being told more than once over a period of time that they way you are, body wise, isn’t good enough and that people would like you better if you lost a couple dozen pounds hurts like heck. It doesn’t make the pressure to lose weight any better by going into any establishes that sells magazines and seeing models the size of toothpicks or seeing all of your most of your female friends being ‘skinny’ and noticing all the attention they grab over yourself.  This is one of the main reasons why teenage girls are anorexic and/or bulimic.  All I can say now is that the pressures that we receive today are exceeding and will probably never go away, but in fact increase.

7 comments:

  1. I completely agree, pressures can really be a problem for teenagers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is true social pressure is driving teens to some desperate measures to be those people on the magazine covers........great blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. I love how you said "ugh!" I agree with your blog. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sick of peer pressure. It sucks everyone suffers from it & contributes to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, sometimes a little pressure is good for the right reason, but otherwise it can affect someone's well being. I can also relate with your experiences of pressure from when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can always count on those pics, nice blog a bit harsh, but nice. Never knew females teens really had it like that

    ReplyDelete
  7. Parents and Teachers, good pressure. Gosh the weight issue. Girl develop insecurity when they are unable to have that figure 8. It is great that programs that appreciate teen sizes are becoming popular. I as an individual do not make fun of plus size teens and when I find myself around ignorant boys, I voice out my disapproval.

    ReplyDelete